COVID Mask Crafters is an international collective of stitchers making home-sewn masks for healthcare workers. We are in conversation with Colorado hospital administrators as well as healthcare workers themselves, and they are saying “YES, PLEASE!” to our offer to make masks.
We are reaching out to the community for help.
· We need small groups who are already sewing in your community to connect with a larger, coordinated group, like COVID Mask Crafters. We are in communication with facilities and hospitals about their specific needs, and need your community’s sewing groups to help directly!
· We need people with sewing machines to sew masks
· We need people to donate materials (tight-woven cotton and cotton-blend fabric, like quilting fabric, sheets, or pillowcases; 1/4” or 1/8” elastic; bias tape/ 1/2” fabric ribbon/t-shirt fabric; thin-gauge wire/paper clips/pipe cleaners)
· We need people who drive to pick up and deliver masks
· We need financial support for shipping costs to rural Colorado facilities in need