Since last year’s Annual Meeting in June of 2015, the Conference has been in a time of transition, discernment, and progress. In particular, there has been quite a bit of discussion and reflection about our Conference Minister search process, which culminated in February with the Search Committee and Board of Directors’ joint nomination of the Rev. Sue Artt for Conference Minister.
On the morning of Friday, June 10 during this year’s Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City, Conference delegates will vote on our candidate, the Rev. Sue Artt, for settled Conference Minister of the Rocky Mountain Conference. To provide members of the Conference with appropriate background information for the vote, we have aggregated all Conference Communications about the search process, which can be viewed in chronological order below:
- Conference Profile from the Search Committee – September 2015
- Board of Director Letter regarding Sue’s Candidacy Withdrawal – November 2015
- A Prayer for the Conference from the Board and Search Committee – December 2015
- Search Process Update from the Board and Search Committee – January 2016
- Joint Nomination Letter for the Rev. Sue Artt – February 2016
- Biography for the Rev. Sue Artt – April 2016
We hope you find these documents helpful and enlightening as we look toward the Conference Minister vote during Annual Meeting in June. Once again, we invite you to join us in Salt Lake City, June 9-12, for this spiritual, relational, and powerful meeting; your voice is vital, especially during this time of action.
If you have any questions regarding the search process, please let us know.