Date And Time
Sat, October 12, 2019
9:00 AM – 11:30 AM MDT
Rocky Mountain Conference Office
1140 W 5th Ave
Denver, CO 80204
Your church provides ministry to individuals and families throughout their life journey. At moments of celebration, sorrow, and transitions, the church community is there to offer joy and support, tears and encouragement. As members look to the future, they wish to use the resources that they have acquired over a lifetime to continue to support, challenge and encourage the ministries to which they gave to during their lifetimes.
Planned Giving is a way for individuals and families to make decisions about how their estate will be used long into the future. The RMC Endowment Committee is excited to bring the Rev. Dr. Charles Buck, President and CEO, of the UC FUNDS to our Conference, Charles has served as a pastor in Northern California, he served as Conference Minister of the Hawai’i Conference and Interim Conference Minister in New Hampshire. Elected in March 2019 as the President and CEO, Charles brings thirty years of extensive administrative, organizational and investment experience as senior pastor, judicatory executive and long service on numerous board of directors and committees.
We encourage you to personally invite members of your Council, church officers, and if applicable members of an endowment or foundation committee to this special presentation. You will learn:
- Giving and Philanthropy Today. Tidbit: Over $400 billion was given to charity in 2018, but only 1/3 of that went to churches and faith-based organizations, down from about ½ of the total 15-20 years ago.
- UCC Financial Ministries: Partners in ministry.
- Endowments and Investing; Gift acceptance policies, endowment spending policies, investment risk/reward, socially responsible investing.
- Planned Giving: Extending the good that we can do for a lifetime and beyond.
- The RMC Endowment: how it can help your church.