Coming March 20-June 20, 2020
from the Rocky Mountain Conference
The Bee the Church campaign is an invitation to care for our earth by creating environments in which our bees can thrive. Churches are encouraged to put up “Bee Hotels” and plant pollinator-friendly vegetation on their grounds. It’s simple, inexpensive, and vitally important stewardship work that’s sure to cause a buzz…
NEW! Resources for your Bee the Church Project
- Building and Managing Bee Hotels for Wild Bees – Complete instructions on how to build and maintain Bee Hotels.
- The Bee’s Needs – Informative website on how to help save the bees.
- Bee Basics: An Introduction to Our Native Bees – Thorough guide to native bees in North America, and how to care for them.
- Pollinator Conservation Program – Four steps to pollinator conservation.
- Bee Hotel Inspiration Gallery
How to Participate in Bee the Church
- The campaign runs from March 20 to June 20, 2020.
- Appoint a “Pollinator” for your church. The Pollinator is in charge of overseeing the project and getting the word out within your congregation.
- Recruit volunteers for building and maintaining your bee hotel and planting pollinator-friendly vegetation on your grounds. Additionally, you could have youth and kids decorate your bee hotel to get everyone involved!
- Promote your Bee the Church project in your church newsletters and Sunday bulletins to increase awareness about the campaign in your community.
- Take photos of your church members getting involved and share them on your social media pages using #BeeTheChurch! Send photos and updates to Daryl Schreiber at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 26, 2020.